Want to turn your ordinary pork adobo into a delicious and tasty dish with a bit of sweetness? I’m sure you are going to love this version of adobo by adding it with Sprite or 7-Up soft drinks. You can use any lime soda drink if Sprite or 7-Up is not your preferred soft drinks or if you think it is too sweet to your taste. In this recipe, I used pork belly strips which is usually the kind of cut you can purchase from the meat vendors. And its up to you how thick the pork belly is by asking the meat vendor because sometimes the cut is too thin. I think aside from pork belly, using pork shoulder or pork butt is also a good choice.
How to Cook Sprite Pork Adobo
- 1/2 kilo pork belly strips cut into an inch wide
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. black peppercorns cracked
- 1 cup Sprite or 7-Up softdrinks
- 3 pcs laurel leaves
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pc onion minced
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
How to Cook Sprite Pork Adobo:
- Wash and clean pork belly strips and slice into 1 inch wide. Set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan and saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Add in the pork belly and saute until slightly brown.
- Then pour the soy sauce, oyster sauce and vinegar. Do not stir. Add in pepper and laurel leaves. Pour the sprite and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 30 to 35 minutes until tender and the fat is rendered. Then stir and remove the rendered fat from the pan.
- Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil and simmer until the sauce it reduced into half. Turn off heat and transfer to a serving dish and enjoy!
Leave a Reply