This is a very simple chicken recipe using coca-cola softdrink. It is also a bit spicy but your can adjust the level of spiciness by reducing or increasing the amount of hot sauce. If hot sauce is not available, you can use chili peppers or chili powder. Yes it is sweet and if you are fond of sweet dishes, I’m sure this coca-cola chicken is for you. I’m sure you are going to love this chicken dish specially kids!
How to Cook Spicy Coca-Cola Chicken
- 3/4 to 1 kilo chicken wings
- 2 cups coca-cola softdrinks
- 1/2 cup banana ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (to 2 Tbsp.) hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- roasted sesame seeds for garnishing
- cooking oil for frying and sauteing
How to Cook Spicy Coca-Cola Chicken:
- Marinate the chicken with 1 cup of coca cola soft drink, ground black pepper for 30 minutes.
- Drain the chicken and reserve the marinade. Heat cooking oil in a pan and fry the chicken until the skin is brown but not cooked.
- Remove from the oil and put in a strainer or colander to drain excess oil and set aside.
- In the same pan, remove the oil and leave only 2 Tbsp. and saute garlic and onion until soft.
- Add the chicken and saute for 1 minute. Then add the marinade and another 1 cup of coca-cola, oyster sauce, soy sauce, banana ketchup, salt and hot sauce.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until the sauce is thick. Keep an eye on the sauce as it may dry up very quickly.
- When the sauce is thick enough, turn off heat and serve hot. Garnish with sesame seeds or spring onions.
Leave a Reply