There are many ways of cooking the dish. In this version of crispy dinuguan, you have to boil the intestines to remove the unpleasant odor and to make it crispy when fried. Then the pork, heart and liver is sauteed for a minute, then simmered with water, vinegar and spices until the meat is tender.
Then pour the pork blood afterwards and cook until the consistency is thick. You can either mix the crispy intestines while cooking the blood or you can put it as garnishing. I prefer putting it as a garnishing to make it look more appetizing. Best served with steamed rice or white puto.
How to Cook Crispy Dinuguan
- 1/2 kilo pork meat and pork fat
- 1/2 internal organs including heart and liver
- 1/2 kilo intestines
- 3 to 4 cups pork blood
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 to 3 pcs Green chili
- Cooking oil for frying and sauteing
How to cook Crispy Dinuguan Recipe
- After boiling the internal organs, slice into long strips. Separate the intestines.
- In a pan or wok, pour the cooking oil and put the intestines. Stir fry occasionally until it becomes crispy.
- Remove the crispy intestines from the wok and set aside.
- Remove also some of the cooking oil from the pan and leave only about 1 tablespoon.
- Saute the garlic, onion, pork fat and pork meat.
- After about 1 minute, put the internal organs except the crispy intestines.
- Then pour the vinegar, pepper, and a small amount of water and simmer until the meat is tender.
- When the liquid has evaporated and almost dry, pour the pork blood in the wok.
- Stir constantly until the bloods consistency becomes thick. Put the green chili peppers.
- Add sugar and salt to improve the taste and don't forget to add the crispy intestines before serving.