This homemade chicken nugget is an absolute hit to your kids and also grown ups will love it too! It is made from ground chicken breast so you can be sure that it is tender and juicy. And with some baking powder, it will make the chicken nuggets fluffy. The most common version is using chicken fillet then coated with the breading but I think using the ground chicken is more tasty. This is only my opinion and its up to you to decide which version tastes better. Just serve it with your favorite dipping sauce and you are ready to go!
How to Make Chicken Nuggets
- 500 grams deboned chicken breast ground
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 4 Tbsp. chicken stock or milk
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg optional
Ingredients for the breading:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 raw egg beaten season with salt and pepper
- 1 cup Japanese bread crumbs Panko bread crumbs
How to make Chicken Nuggets:
- In a bowl, combine chicken, salt, sugar, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chicken stock, cornstarch, baking powder and nutmeg. Mix all the ingredients using your hands until it becomes uniform in texture or resembles a paste.
- Place wax paper or cling wrap in a baking pan and put the chicken mixture and flatten it. Put in the freezer until it hardens but not frozen then cut into desired shape.
- Prepare the breading by putting it in individual bowls. Dredge the chicken nugget first in flour, then dip in beaten egg and roll in bread crumbs until well coated. Do the same to the rest of the nuggets.
- You can store the breaded chicken nugget in the freezer for storage and cook it later when needed.
- To cook the nuggets, heat cooking oil in a pan about an inch deep. Fry the nuggets in medium low heat until golden brown.
- Place the cooked nuggets on a wire rack or plate with paper towels to drain excess oil. Serve with catsup or sweet chili sauce.