This chicken adobo with potatoes is a tagalog version of adobo and it’s saucy unlike the other adobo recipes I’ve already posted that has very little sauce or almost dry and oily. Cooking is also not a hassle because it is simple but this is not like the other simple adobo dishes where you only have to put all the ingredients in pot and let it simmer until cooked. This requires you to stir fry the chicken first before cooking it in soy sauce, vinegar and spices.
To cook chicken adobo with potatoes; Heat oil in a saucepan and saute garlic and onion. After a minute add the chicken. Stir fry the chicken until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add in water, soy sauce, vinegar, laurel leaf and black pepper. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes then add the potatoes. Simmer again for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked. Season with magic sarap, sugar and patis or salt.
How to Cook Chicken Adobo with Potatoes
- 1 kilo chicken chop into serving pieces
- 2 medium size potatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Magic Sarap or any granuled seasoning
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt or patis optional
- 1 pc laurel leaf
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
How to Cook Chicken Adobo with Potatoes:
- Heat oil in a saucepan and saute garlic and onion. After a minute add the chicken.
- Stir fry the chicken until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add in soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, laurel leaf and black pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 3 minutes then add the potatoes.
- Then add 1/2 cup of water and cover.
- Simmer again for 15 minutes or until the potatoes and chicken are cooked.
- Season with magic sarap and patis or salt (just in case the adobo lacks salt).
- Serve hot.
Please Watch the Video Below on How to Cook Chicken Adobo with Potatoes: