1 pc fresh, bangus, milk-fish, medium-size
1 pc onion, chopped
4 pcs tomatoes, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
4-5 pcs young alagaw leaves, mashed
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 pc banana leaf 1 foot-wide
1/3 cup vinegar
2-3 Tbsp. soy sauce
How to cook Tiim na Bangus
- Cut bangus at the back, from head to tail. Remove gills and entrails. Wash well.
- In a bowl, combine onion, tomatoes, garlic and mashed alagaw leaves. Let mixture stay for about 5 minutes.
- Stuff the bangus with the marinated mixture.Wrap in banana leaf and simmer in vinegar-soy
sauce for 15 minutes.
- Pat dry bangus in absorbent paper towel. Deep-fry while still wrapped in banana leaf until fish is golden brown.
- Unwrap and place on a serving platter. Pour the vinegar-soy sauce mixture.
- lf desired, the fish can be served with the vinegar-soy sauce as individual dip. Serve hot.