This pork chops recipe is a very simple and tasty dish. It is somehow a pork chop version of pork bistek or pork steak. Then ingredients are almost the same as the pork bistek I just used pork chops instead. The reason is I just want to experiment is there will be a difference in taste compared to using tenderloin or pork shoulder. What I discovered is it a lot tastier may be because I like pork chops but I think the real reason is the proportion of fat, skin and meat. Anyway you just have to try it and see for yourself if what I’m telling you is true.
How to Cook Pork Chops Bistek
- 6 pcs pork chops
- 6 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 15 pcs calamansi extract the juice
- 1 Tbsp. liquid seasoning
- 1 cup soup stock or water
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 pc big white onion sliced into rings
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsps. sugar
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Magic sarap or chicken powder
How to Cook Pork Chops Bistek:
- Pound the pork chops with meat mallet or back of the knife. Cut slits on the skin about 1 inch apart.
- In mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, calamansi juice, liquid seasoning, garlic, sugar, black pepper and Magic sarap. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the pork chops and mix with the marinade until all the meat is well coated. Marinate the pork chops for 2 hours.
- Heat cooking oil in a frying pan and fry the pork chops until brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, stir fry the onions until wilted and set aside.
- In the same pan, pour the marinade from the pork chops and add 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil.
- Add the pork chops and lower the heat then simmer for 30 minutes or unitl tender.
- Add in the onions and cook for another minute. Add more water and sugar is the sauce is too salty. Serve hot.