Tamarind Oven Roasted Pork
A very tasty oven roasted pork that is easy to cook. The cooking method is very similar to lechon kawali where you have to boil the pork until slightly tender then deep fried. But the only difference is roasting the pork after boiling it. It is also cooked with tamarind fruit to make the taste a little exotic.
2 Tbsp. cooking oil
2 Tbsp. crushed garlic
1 medium onion, chopped
water for boiling the meat
1/4 cup spring onion, cut into 1 inch long pieces
1 cup fresh tamarind fruit
1 kilo whole pork belly
salt and pepper to taste
How to cook Tamarind Oven Roasted Pork:
- In a heated pot, add oil and saute garlic and onion.
- Then add water (just enough to cover the meat), spring onions, tamarind and pork belly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Boil the belly until soft. Remove from the broth and let the water drop from the meat for about an hour.
- Place pork in a roasting pan and roast pork in a preheated 350 °F oven, skin side up until the meat is cooked and skin is crispy or until the desired doneness is achieved.
- Place on a plate then serve.