Sweet and Sour Chicken
1 kilo chicken cut into serving pieces
1/4 cup oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons honey
1 medium onion, sliced
2 celery stalks, sliced
1 medium red pepper, sliced
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 carrot cut into chunks
1 tablespoon corn starch dissolved in 2 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
How to cook sweet and sour chicken
- Preheat oven to 300 deg F. In a roasting pan arrange chicken.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, ketchup and honey. Mix well. Brush over chicken.
- Reserve any remaining mixture. Cover pan with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from pan. Place onion, celery, pepper, zucchini, and carrots in the same roasting pan.
- Arrange chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Pour remaining lemon juice-ketchup mixture on vegetables. Continue baking for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan. Transfer vegetable to serving dish. Set aside.
- Pour pan juice on a saucepan. Stir in dissolved corn starch.
- Bring to a boil and stirring constantly until thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken with vegetables and sauce on the sides.