Stuffed Sayote (Chayote)
Stuffed sayote or chayote is done scooping out the flesh and stuffing it with ground pork mixture and then baking it.
4 pcs big sayote or chayote
2 Tbsp. cooking oil
1 pc small onion, diced
1/4 kilo ground pork
2 slices sweet ham, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
2 whole eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp, ground black pepper
1/2 cup grated cheese
How to cook stuffed sayote:
- Parboil sayote in skin for 5 minutes. Then cut each piece in half lengthwise.
- Remove the seed and scoop out the flesh leaving only about half an inch thick left on the skin.
- Chopped the scooped out flesh and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil and saute the onions.
- Add the pork and cook until light brown.
- Add ham, chopped sayote, red and green bell pepper, eggs, salt and pepper then mix thoroughly.
- Fill the sayote shell with sauteed mixture until almost heaping full.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top and bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve hot.