Steamed White Chicken
If you are looking for a healthy chicken dish, why not try this steamed white chicken recipe? I think you will love this dish because the fact that it is easy to cook, the ingredients are few and very basic. You will be amazed how delicious this dish can be. Eating fried foods will not only makes us fat, it is also not good for our health.
- 1 kilo whole chicken, dressed and cleaned
- 1 Tbsp. MSG
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- 1 cup 7-Up or Sprite
- 2 Tbsp. ginger strips
- ⅓ cup rum or gin
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 to 4 stalks spring onion, cut into 1 inch long
- 3 to 4 stems kinchay, cut into 1 inch long
- Combine the MSG, pepper, 7-Up, ginger, rum, salt and sesame oil which will be used for marinating the chicken.
- Marinate whole chicken in the mixture fora 1 hour or more.
- Place the chicken with the marinade in a pan and steam until chicken is done.
- Halfway before the chicken is fully cooked, add spring onion and kinchay.
- Collect the marinade and the juices from the chicken and add 1 teaspoon of cornstarch.
- Simmer in a very low heat until the broth is thick.
- Serve whole chicken with the broth in a separate sauce bowl.
- Garnish with parsley and sliced carrots.