Easy Pork Sisig Recipe
One of the most favorite Filipino recipe is the pork sisig recipe made from chopped grilled pork’s head. Since this dish is so popular, it is served in most Filipino restaurants, fastfoods and foodcarts. It is also a popular pulutan, paired with beer for those who love social drinking. The recipe I have here is an easy to cook sisig since you only need ginisa flavor mix for seasoning this dish. If you want it to become more presentable and appetizing, you can put it in a sizzling plate and garnish it with raw egg on top.
When buying pig’s head, it is not necessary to include the whole head. Just select your choice parts like the ears, cheeks or snout. The pig’s tongue can also be used but it requires extra effort on cleaning because it has an unpleasant taste if you will not clean and cook it properly.
- 1 kilo ulo ng baboy (pig's head), deboned
- ¼ kilo chicken liver
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Ginisa Flavor Mix
- 1 Tsp siling labuyo, minced
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp calamansi juice
- salt to taste
- dash of MSG
- Wash pig's head and chicken liver. Boil in salted water until tender. Drain.
- Broil pig's head and chicken liver then cut into small pieces. Put in a preheated pan.
- Dissolve Ginisa Flavor mix in vinegar. Add to chopped meat.
- Put in siling labuyo and dash of MSG. Mix well.
- Add chopped onion and calamansi juice before serving.