Shrimp Curry with Saba
A curried shrimps with a twist. This shrimp recipe includes saba or plantain bananas which will have a little sweetness. Curried dishes mostly are Thai and Indian cuisines and I think this recipe is adopted to those kinds of dishes. I Hope you will also like this dish like the chicken curry that has become one of our favorite Filipino food.
1/2 kilo shrimps, shelled
1 kilo ripe saba bananas (plantains)
1 Tbsp butter
2 large onions, chopped
2 pcs bay leaf
2 Tbsp curry powder
1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
1/2 cup fresh milk
1 pc lemon, juice extracted
salt and pepper to taste
How to cook Shrimp Curry with Saba:
- Peel plantain bananas and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Set aside.
- Heat a saucepan and melt the butter then saute onion until translucent.
- Then add in the plantain, bay leaves and curry powder.
- Stir cook for about 1 minute. Then pour in broth and milk and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the shrimps and cook until done. Pour in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.