A simple every day bangus dish for you or your family. This dish is one of my favorite if I want to eat bangus and if I can’t think of any easy and delicious bangus recipes, this is what I always have in mind. Sarciadong bangus is easy to cook and will make a tasty and wholesome dish. The milkfish is first deep fried then you will cook eggs and tomatoes mixture that will serve as the sauce then you will combine them.
1-1/2 kilo medium size bangus or milkfish (about 2 pcs)
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 pcs medium size onions, chopped
4 medium size tomatoes, chopped
4 pcs eggs, beaten
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp. granulated seasoning (e.g. Magic sarap)
3/4 cup water
cooking oil for frying and sauteing
rock salt for seasoning the bangus
How to cook Sarciadong Bangus:
- Clean the bangus by removing gills, scale and innards and cut each bangus into 5 pcs.
- Wash to remove blood and scales then sprinkle rock salt and coat the bangus thoroughly.
- Heat a pan with cooking oil and deep fry the bangus until crispy golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- In a wok or large saucepan, saute garlic and onion until fragrant and add in tomatoes.
- Stir cook for about 1 minute then pour water and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add more water if it dries up too quickly.
- Pour in the beaten eggs and stir slowly to prevent the eggs from forming into a large clump.
- Season with salt, magic sarap and pepper.
- Then put the fried bangus on the egg mixture and stir until the fish are well coated with the mixture.
- Serve hot.