Rellenong Alimasag (Stuffed Blue Crab)
This stuffed blue crabs recipe consists of crab meat, eggs and spices then deep fried. This recipe is easy too, just mixing all the ingredients to create the stuffing and then deep fry the crabs. The only tedious part is removing the crab meat from the shell.
- 8 alimasag or blue crab (boiled)
- 1 onion (chopped finely)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped finely)
- 3 potatoes (cut into small cubes)
- 1 red or green sweet pepper (chopped finely)
- 4 eggs (well-beaten)
- 2 cloves garlic (pounded)
- 1 small pack raisins
- bread crumbs
- cooking oil
- Remove meat of the cooked crab.
- Fry the potatoes and set aside. Saute garlic and onions.
- When tender, add tomatoes and sweet pepper. Continue cooking.
- Then, add the crab meat, raisins and potatoes, salt, MSG, and pepper to taste.
- Clean each crab shell and moisten it with little beaten eggs.
- Fill each crab shell with crab meat mixture and pack firmly.
- Dust top with bread crumbs and dip in beaten eggs.
- Fry top side down in hot oil. Serve hot. Good for 8 person.