Pork Chao Fan
Are you craving on pork chao fan in Chowking but you are inspired enough to cook it yourself? I think this pork chao fan recipe is what you are looking for. If you can cook fried rice, then cooking this chao fan dish is as simple as that. The ingredients are also simple and easy to find in supermarkets so you don’t need to go some specialty shops just to purchase the ingredients.
There are a few steps on cooking this tasty pork chow fan. You have to saute ingredients in batches. First is you saute the vegetables then set aside, cook the scrambled eggs then set aside, saute the pork cubes then set aside. After that, stir fry the steamed rice and pour the soy sauce mixture with the rice. Then mix in the sauteed pork, spices, eggs and vegetables. Stir fry until all the ingredients are well mixed then drizzle some sesame oil. This is only a brief summary of the cooking procedures. Read on to see the recipe.
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 2 raw eggs
- 1 cup diced or cubed pork
- 1 cup cabbage, finely sliced
- ¼ cup spring onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, chopped (another for rice)
- 1 medium sized bell pepper, chopped finely
- ¼ cup carrots chopped finely
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. chili powder (optional)
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 4 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- In a medium size pan, heat one tablespoon of cooking oil and saute onion and garlic until fragrant. Then add carrots, bell pepper and cabbage. Stir cook for a few minutes and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat another tablespoon of cooking oil and cook the beaten eggs until it becomes scrambled eggs. Then stir until the eggs are separated to each other. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat again one tablespoon of cooking oil and saute the cubed pork on a medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes until it turns to brown. Remove from the pan ans set aside.
- In the same pan again, pour some cooking oil and saute the garlic until fragrant. Then follow the cooked rice and stir fry with the garlic. In a small cup combine soy sauce and sugar and mix until it is dissolved. Pour on the rice and stir until the soy sauce mixture is thoroughly mixed with the rice.
- Then add the sauteed pork, salt, pepper, chili powder and curry powder. Next, add the eggs and last but not the least are the vegetables. Drizzle with sesame oil and stir cook for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with chopped spring onions.