Oxtail Menudo (Menudo Sulipeña)
Oxtail menudo is a Spanish dish called “Menudo Sulipeña”. Most dishes we have now have Spanish influence and this is one of them. What very interesting is the ingredients are readily available locally and you don’t need to find a Spanish specialty shop to buy the ingredients.
1 kilo oxtail
2 tablespoons butter
1 head garlic, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 piece red pepper, cubed
1 piece green pepper, cubed
1 cup Chorizo de Bilbao, diced
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup cooked garbanzos
Salt and Pepper to taste
How to cook oxtail menudo:
- Clean and wash oxtail.
- Pressure cook for about 20-25 minutes or simmer with enough water to cover till tender.
- Debone and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a casserole heat butter and sauté garlic and onion, add red and green peppers.
- Stir fry 2-3 minutes. Add chorizo and oxtail and tomato sauce.
- Simmer over low fire for about 10 minutes, add garbanzos.
- Season with salt and pepper.