Grilled Pompano (Inihaw na Talakitok)
Grilled pampano fillet topped with Filipino salad and green mango salsa.
200 gms pompano fillet, skinless
1/4 cup cucumber, diced
1 tbsp green mango, diced
1/4 cup red pepper, diced
1/4 cup small tomatoes, diced
1/2 piece onion, sliced
2 tbsps green onion, diced
1/3 cup vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp sugar
vegetable oil, as needed
To make green mango salsa:
- Combine tomatoes, onions, lemon juice, mangoes and green onion.
- Let stand for 30 minutes. Chill.
- Season with salt and pepper.
To make Filipino salad:
- Combine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix together cucumber, red pepper and onions.
- Pour vinegar mixture and mix. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
To cook the fish:
- Dip fish fillet in oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Grill on skin side first to make cross marks.
- Turn and grill until done.
- Serve with steamed rice, Filipino salad and green mango salsa on top of the fish.