Fried Shrimps with Mushrooms
This recipe of fried shrimps with mushrooms is a very easy cooking dish. And any varieties of edible fresh mushrooms can used such as button mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, straw mushrooms or oyster mushrooms. Also, ginger powder is not readily available in our local grocery store or supermarkets but you can substitute it with ginger juice by extracting juice from fresh ginger by pounding in a mortar and pestle or use a blender. Separate the pulp from the juice by using a fine meshed strainer.
1/2 kilo large shrimps, shelled and deveined
1/2 kilo fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 Tbsp. lard
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. powdered ginger (or ginger juice)
2 tsp. soy sauce
salt and MSG
How to cook Fried Shrimps with Mushrooms:
- Sprinkle cornstarch, soy sauce and powdered ginger over shrimps.
- Mix very well. In a skillet, heat lard and stir fry mushrooms. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet and stir-fry shrimps in it for about 3 minutes.
- Add cooked mushrooms to shrimps and combine very well.
- Season with salt and MSG and serve hot.