Crabs in Oyster Sauce
Crabs in oyster sauce is a simple yet savory Asian crab dish. Cooking this recipe requires the use of alimango or mud crabs. Mud crabs lives in brackish water, and not the other kind of crab, the blue crabs that we normally use for cooking.
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 Tbsp. ginger, chopped finely
1/4 cup oyster sauce
3/4 cup water
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. rock salt
1 kilo mud crabs or alimango
1 bunch spring onion
How to cook Crabs in Oyster Sauce:
- Prepare and clean the mud crabs by washing it in running water and using a toothbrush, clean the shells specially the abdomen, claws and feet.
- Chop and divide each crab into four pieces. Set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Saute garlic and ginger until fragrant for 1 minute.
- Add in oyster sauce, water, salt and sugar.
- Bring to a boil then simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add in the crabs and spring onion and stir cook to coat the crabs with the sauce.
- Cover and simmer until the crabs are cooked. Serve hot.