An alternative ham to pork ham if you want to make a healthy kind of ham. Since you are using chicken breast, there is no fat and this is suitable to those people who have high cholesterol or to those who wants to be fit. This recipe also have vitamin C because one of the ingredients is ascorbic acid. You only need few ingredients like chicken breast, white sugar, anisado wine, salitre and ascorbic acid to make this chicken ham.
1 kilo chicken breast
1 cup salt
3 tbsp white sugar
2 tsp anisado wine
1 tsp salitre
3 tablets ascorbic acid (500 mg)
- Marinate chicken breasts in mixture. Prick with fork or ice pick.
- Store in refrigerator for 3 days, turning once a day.
- On the 4th day, wash 3 times in clear water. Let drip. Dry with clean towel.
- Then, rub with 1/2 cup brown sugar.
Place chicken breast in baking pan and pour the following ingredients:
1 small can pineapple juice
1/2 tbsp peppercorns (whole)
1/2 pc bay leaf
1/4 tsp oregano powder
- Bake in preheated oven with 350 deg for 1 hour or until chicken is done.
- Spoon sauce on chicken (3 to 4 times) while baking and when almost done, increase heat to 375°F to brown the chicken.
Instead of baking, you may boil chicken in same mixture, adding 1 cup water. When half done, fry chicken until golden brown. Boil sauce separately until thickened. Pour on chicken when served.