Beef Salpicao with Fried Garlic
You will enjoy this beef salpicao specially if you are going to use prime cuts of beef like the tenderloin, sirloin or rib eye. Since all those beef cuts are tender, medium rare is a suitable doneness on cooking and you don’t have to tenderize or use pressure cooker to tenderize the beef. Cooking is also simple and ingredients are easy to find and very few.
- ¼ kilo beef tenderloin, sliced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. liquid seasoning
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns, cracked
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- fried garlic chips for garnishing
- In a bowl, marinate beef cubes in liquid seasoning and peppercorns for at least 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a preheated saucepan with olive oil, saute garlic over medium heat until lightly golden brown.
- Then toss in marinated beef and continue sauteing till beef is cooked to desired doneness.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with fried garlic chips.
- Chop or slice peeled garlic. In a frying pan, put at least ¼ cup of cooking oil and fry the garlic until golden brown on medium heat.
- Just be careful not to burn the garlic because it will taste bitter.