Beef Atchara Roll
A nice beef roll recipe stuffed with atchara (a pickled shredded papaya in vinegar and sugar) and diced ham. It is then cooked in coconut milk mixture to make the coconut milk sauce. Great as a viand served with plain rice or fried rice in any occasion.
3/4 kilo beef sirloin, sliced thinly
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 pc bay leaf
10 pcs peppercorns, cracked
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. ginger, finely chopped
1 pc red chili (siling labuyo), seeded and chopped
3/4 tsp. salt
1 cup papaya atchara, drained
2 slices ham, diced
2 cup beef broth
1 cup coconut cream
How to cook Beef Atchara Roll:
- Marinate beef sliced in vinegar, soy sauce, bay leaf, garlic, peppercorns, ginger, red chili and salt for 1 to 2 hours.
- Drain beef slices and lay on a plate. Spread atchara and ham on beef slices.
- Roll beef and secure with string. Arrange beef rolls in a saucepan. Pour marinade mixture and broth.
- Simmer for about 1 hour until tender. Add coconut cream and remove from fire.
- Drain beef rolls and allow to cool. Slice and serve hot with coconut cream sauce on top.