This barbecue sauce goes well with grilled fish, poultry and meat. You can also store it in a refrigerator for future use. Cooking barbecue needs the meat to be marinated for at least a few hours. But if you are in a hurry a needs to grill your food, you cam use this barbecue sauce as a tasty dip.
5 Tbsp. cooking oil
3 onions, chopped
200 grams tomato sauce
4 Tbsp. cider vinegar
100 ml white wine
100 ml Worcestershire sauce
3 sprigs thyme
1 bay leaf
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp mustard
salt and pepper
Tabasco sauce (optional)
How to make Home Made Barbecue Sauce:
- In a heavy saucepan, heat oil and saute chopped onions until transparent. Stir constantly.
- Mix the tomato sauce with vinegar then add in the onions.
- Allow to simmer for 2 minutes then add the wine, Worcestershire sauce, herbs, garlic, honey and mustard.
- Mix well and adjust the heat so the sauce simmers. Continue cooking and stirring for 15 minutes until it becomes creamy.
- Season to taste and if desired, add few drops of Tabasco sauce.