Baked Sugpo (Baked Prawns)
A great addition to your planned dishes this holiday season. Baked sugpo or baked prawns is very easy to prepare and consist of only very basic and few ingredients yet the taste is superb. If you are looking for an easy to prepare and simple prawn recipe then this is for you. Let your guest or your family indulge on this delicious dish that they will truly enjoy.
- 20 pcs big tiger prawns, butterflied with head, shell and tail still intact
- 10 pcs calamansi, juice extracted
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. grated ginger
- 250 grams butter
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. spring onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Remove the antennae and legs of the prawns.
- Slit the back of the prawns, devein and open.
- In a skillet, heat butter and saute garlic and ginger for a few minutes. Set aside.
- Lay out the aluminum foil on a baking dish.
- Put prawns on the foil and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with calamansi juice, melted butter mixture and soy sauce.
- Top with spring onions and seal both ends of the aluminum foil.
- Bake in a 350 °F oven for 15 minutes or until cooked.