This spaghetti looks like your ordinary spaghetti but this dish taste like the spaghetti in fastfood joints, saucy, slightly sweet and geared to Filipino taste. There is a saying that don’t judge a book by it’s cover like this spaghetti that looks ordinary but the taste is superb. And with regard to the Italian seasoning, if you can’t find it in big supermarkets, you can make your own. Just mix equal amount of basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary and thyme then grind it in a food processor.
Spaghetti with Condensed Milk – A Hidden Gem
Spaghetti is a beloved dish that has found its way into the hearts and plates of people all around the world. From traditional Italian recipes to unique twists on this classic, there are countless ways to enjoy spaghetti. Today, we’re going to introduce you to a delightful Filipino-inspired dish that combines the sauciness of fast-food spaghetti with a touch of sweetness that will leave your taste buds singing. Yes, you guessed it! We’re talking about Spaghetti with Condensed Milk.
Creating a Flavorful Spaghetti Masterpiece
Just like the old saying goes, “Don’t judge a book by its cover.” The same can be said for our Spaghetti with Condensed Milk. While it may appear to be your ordinary spaghetti, the taste is far from it. It’s saucy, slightly sweet, and perfectly tailored to the Filipino palate. In this article, we will take you through the steps to create this delectable dish that is sure to become a family favorite.
Finding the Right Ingredients
Before we dive into the cooking process, let’s make sure you have all the necessary ingredients on hand. For this recipe, you’ll need:
- Onions and Garlic: To kick off the flavorful base of your sauce, you’ll sauté onions and garlic until they become tender and aromatic.
- Ground Beef: Adding ground beef brings a hearty and meaty element to your spaghetti sauce.
- Spaghetti Sauce: This is the foundation of your sauce, so choose one that you enjoy. You can find a variety of options at your local grocery store.
- Hotdogs: Sliced hotdogs are a unique addition that adds a delightful twist to the dish.
- Bay Leaf: Bay leaves infuse your sauce with a subtle earthy flavor.
- Italian Seasoning: If you can’t find Italian seasoning at your local supermarket, don’t worry. You can make your own blend by mixing equal amounts of basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, and thyme. Simply grind these herbs in a food processor, and you’re good to go.
- Condensed Milk: The star of the show! Condensed milk is the secret ingredient that gives this spaghetti its delightful sweetness.
- Cooked Pasta: Choose your favorite type of pasta, cook it to perfection, and set it aside for mixing.
Cooking Your Spaghetti with Condensed Milk
Now that you have all your ingredients ready, it’s time to get cooking. Follow these simple steps to create your Spaghetti with Condensed Milk:
- Sauteing Onions and Garlic: Start by heating some oil in a heavy saucepan and sauté the onions until they become transparent. This will bring out their sweet and savory flavors. Then, add the garlic and continue sautéing until it turns a light brown.
- Browning the Ground Beef: It’s time to introduce the ground beef to the mix. Stir and cook it until it turns a beautiful shade of brown. The meat will infuse your sauce with a rich and savory taste.
- Adding the Key Ingredients: Pour in the spaghetti sauce, sliced hotdogs, bay leaf, and your homemade Italian seasoning. Let the flavors meld together by simmering the mixture for about 5 minutes.
- The Sweet Surprise: This is where the magic happens. Stir in the condensed milk, ensuring it’s mixed thoroughly with the other ingredients. The condensed milk brings the sweetness that sets this dish apart.
- Combining with Pasta: Once your sauce is ready, it’s time to gently toss it with your cooked pasta. The combination of the saucy, sweet sauce with the al dente pasta is simply irresistible.
- Serve and Enjoy: To complete your Spaghetti with Condensed Milk, serve it with toasted bread or garlic bread for a delightful meal that the whole family will love.
Spaghetti with Condensed Milk is a hidden gem in the world of pasta dishes. While it may look like an ordinary plate of spaghetti, the taste is anything but. The sweetness of the condensed milk combined with the savory goodness of the sauce and meat creates a flavor profile that’s truly exceptional. Whether you’re a fan of traditional Filipino cuisine or just looking to try something new and exciting, this dish is a must-try.
So, the next time you’re craving a comforting and unique pasta dish, don’t hesitate to whip up a batch of Spaghetti with Condensed Milk. It’s a delightful recipe that will leave your taste buds craving more. Enjoy the saucy, sweet, and satisfying flavors of this Filipino-inspired dish, and share it with your family and friends for a memorable dining experience.
How to Cook Spaghetti with Condensed Milk
- 1 pack 500 grams pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 kilo ground beef
- 2 cups sliced hotdogs
- 1 pack 750 grams spaghetti sauce
- 1 pc bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
How to Cook Spaghetti with Condensed Milk
- In a heavy saucepan, heat oil and saute onions until transparent.
- Add garlic and saute until light brown. Add ground beef and stir cook until brown.
- Pour in spaghetti sauce, hotdogs, bay leaf, and Italian seasoning.
- Simmer, about 5 minutes. Stir in condensed milk. Mix thoroughly. Remove from heat.
- Toss with cooked pasta gently. Serve with toasted bread or garlic bread.
Cooking Tips of Spaghetti with Condensed Milk:
- Balancing the Sweetness: Spaghetti with condensed milk is known for its unique sweetness. To strike the right balance, start by adding a portion of condensed milk and then adjust to taste. You can always add more if you prefer it sweeter, but it's challenging to reduce sweetness once it's added.
- Tasty Toppings: Enhance the flavor of your spaghetti by adding toppings like grated cheese, chopped fresh basil, or a drizzle of olive oil. These simple additions can take your dish to the next level.
- Perfectly Cooked Pasta: To achieve that ideal al dente texture for your pasta, follow the cooking instructions on the pasta package carefully. Remember to salt the boiling water before adding the pasta for extra flavor, and be sure to rinse the pasta with cold water after draining to stop the cooking process and prevent clumping.