Fish escabeche is actually sweet and sour fish. This recipe is obviously an Asian since it is fish escabeche Macao style. It is not hard to cook this dish. All you need to do is fry the fish and make the sauce by combining soy sauce, cornstarch, brown sugar, sweet pepper and seasonings. You can use any white flesh fish like lapu-lapu (grouper), maya-maya (red snapper) or even tilapia is suitable.
How to Cook Fish Escabeche Macao Style
- 1 large fish lapu-lapu or Maya-maya
- 1 large onion slice into rings
- 2 large green and red sweet pepper slice into strips
- 5 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 5 Tbsp. vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 inch ginger slice into thin strips
- 1/2 tsp. MSG
- 1/2 tsp. black ground pepper
- rock salt
- cooking oil for frying
How to cook Fish Escabeche Macao Style:
- You can use any white flesh fish like lapu-lapu (grouper) or maya-maya (red snapper).
- Clean the fish by removing the scales, gills and innards. Wash in running water and drain.
- Cut slits on the sides and rub with rock salt. Put the ginger inside the fish.
- Deep fry until golden brown. Set aside. Fry garlic, onion and sweet pepper for a few minutes.
- Then combine water, vinegar, soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Then add the fried garlic, onion and sweet pepper and boil for 3 minutes until it becomes a medium thick gravy. Season with MSG
- Place the fish on a platter and pour the gravy over it and garnish with parsley and onions. Serve hot.