Want to upgrade your ordinary fried chicken to the next level? What ever version of fried chicken you have in mind if the you are only going to put breading fry it, it will look the same with the rest of the fried chicken out there. So I think this recipe here is what you might need to try out. This is a bacon-wrapped fried chicken and you will be amazed how easy it is to cook this appetizing dish. It is basically the same as an ordinary fried chicken the only difference is, it is wrapped with bacon strips. It can be cooked and served in ordinary days or in any special occasions and I’m sure your family or friends will love this appetizing dish. Deep frying is the easiest way of cooking this dish but if you want to bake it, you can use an oven. But you need to brush it with melted butter or lard before baking it and bake in 375 °F for 30 minutes. Then flip the chicken and brush again with butter or lard and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.
How to Cook Bacon-Wrapped Fried Chicken
- 8 to 10 pcs chicken drumsticks
- 1 Tbsp. calamansi juice or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. patis
- 8 to 10 pcs honey cured bacon strips
For the breading:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 to 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. five spice powder
- 1/2 tsp. fine salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
How to cook Bacon-Wrapped Fried Chicken:
- In a bowl, combine chicken, calamansi juice and patis. Mix and marinate for 2 hours in a refrigerator.
- To make the breading, combine flour, cornstarch, salt, five spice powder, chili powder, garlic powder in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Drain the chicken in a colander. Put the breading mix in a large zip bag or similar plastic bag. Put the chicken 2 to 4 at a time in the zip bag and shake well to coat the chicken.
- Wrap each chicken drumsticks with bacon strips and secure with a toothpick. If you are using chicken drummettes, cut each bacon strips in half crosswise and use each half per drummettes.
- Deep fry the chicken for about 8 minutes for the drumsticks and 4 minutes for the drummettes or until golden brown. Place fried chicken on a wire rack or paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Remove the toothpicks and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Leave a Reply