Gabi (Taro Root) With Snails
Snails cooked in coconut cream with taro root or gabi, gabi stalks and shrimp paste. Preparation of the snails should be soaked in clean tap water overnight to remove the impurities. The snails commonly used are golden apple snails or “kuhol”.
- 1 cup gabi tuber and roots, peeled and cut
- 2 cups gabi stalks, sliced into half inches
- 15 pcs snails or kuhol (golden apple snails)
- 2 Tbsp bagoong,(preserved shrimp paste) mixed with
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1½ cup coconut cream, first extract
- Saute bagoong or shrimp paste in ginger.
- Add gabi roots, tuber, stalks and leaves.
- Pour enough water. Add in snails. Cook.
- When all ingredients are cooked, pour in coconut cream.
- Simmer until coconut cream is rich and not curdled.