If your are looking for a very simple yet tasty sizzling steak, then I think this recipe is the one you are looking for. You only need to marinade it on Worcestershire sauce, MSG and pepper. Then grill it on hot charcoals or a grilling pan on top of a stove. Put it on a hot sizzling plate and garnish it with your favorite garnishing. You can also pour gravy on top but some people don’t like to use gravy so I omitted it. You can but a ready to cook gravy sold on sachet on supermarkets.
- 300 to 500 grams beef round or pork thigh
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. MSG
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- your choice of garnishing (e.g., sauteed frozen mixed vegetables, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms)
- Cut all ligaments on surface. Slice diagonally, 3" thick and slit in middle to make 1½" thick.
- Pound meat with back of knife or sprinkle with meat tenderizer to make it tender before marinating.
- You may also use unripe papaya juice as tenderizer.
- Marinade that meat for at least half an hour with Worcestershire sauce, MSG and pepper.
- Grill the steak over hot charcoal. Brush griller with a little oil first before putting on steak.
- When grilling do not press the meat so as to squeeze out the meat's juice.
- Also, brush meat with a little oil before turning to grill on the other side of the meat.
- Meanwhile, while waiting for the steak to cook, heat the steak's steel plate on another stove.
- Arrange garnishing on a platter, so you can immediately transfer steak from the griller to the hot platter.
- The steak will sizzle when placed on the hot platter. Serve at once.