Sauteed Young Garlic
This vegetable recipe is very good for those suffering in hypertension. Garlic bulb and spring garlic has medicinal properties to lower blood pressure. Not only is it healthy, it is also a tasty dish because it is cooked with pork belly, shrimps and vermicelli.
2 cups young garlic, cut into halves
1 cup garlic stem, cut into 1 inch long
100 grams pork belly, cut into small cubes
100 grams fresh shrimps, shelled (save the head and shell to make shrimp juice)
100 grams sotanghon or vermicelli
1 large onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 Tbsp. patis
1 tsp. MSG
2 Tbsp. cooking oil
3 cups water with shrimp juice
How to cook Sauteed Young Garlic:
- Boil pork in 1/2 cup water until water dries. Set aside.
- To make shrimp juice, collect the shrimp head and shell and pound it in a mortar and pestle.
- Pour 1 cup of water and strain to get the juice. Pour 2 cups of water in the shrimp juice. Set aside.
- Saute crushed garlic till brown. Add onion. Stir cook for a while, then add pork and shrimps.
- Add the patis and let boil for 3 minutes. Then add young garlic. Stir then pour in shrimp juice.
- Stir gently until it boils. Drop in sotanghon (previously soaked in water and cut).
- Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes or till sotanghon softens. Season with MSG.
- You can also use fried tofu instead of pork and slice it into small cubes.