Potato and Chicken Salad
Try this delicious yet simple salad recipe. This recipe is a combination of potatoes and chicken and it is a great appetizer or snack. Most of the time when we think of making a chicken salad, we always use pasta like macaroni. But if you want to try something different, you can use potatoes instead by making this potato and chicken salad.
1 cup boiled chicken breast, flaked
1 kilo potatoes, cooked and peeled
1 cup celery, thinly sliced
4 pcs pimientos, boiled, drained and diced
1 medium size onion, diced finely
4 Tbsp. sweet pickles, drained and diced
2 Tbsp. sweet pickle juice
2 to 3 Tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
1 cup mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
How to make Potato and Chicken Salad:
- Slice and dice the cooked potatoes. Add chicken and sprinkle with celery, pimientos, onions and pickles.
- In a bowl stir together the pickle juice and mustard. Gradually stir in mayonnaise.
- Mix with chicken and potatoes and other ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for several hours or overnight in a covered container to allow flavor to blend. Serve cold.