Pot roast is not a typical Filipino dish and it actually is a foreign dish but you will surely enjoy this too. But even though it’s a foreign dish, the ingredients are locally available and easy to find. Pot roast is a braised beef dish and it is usually browned by frying, then roasting it inside an oven.
- 1 kilo boneless short rib roast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 2 cup boiling water
- Rub meat all over with minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Dredge in flour and fry in hot oil in a skillet until all sides are brown.
- Pour off excess fat, and add vegetables, bay leaf and boiling water to the beef.
- Cover tightly and bake in a preheated oven at 325 °F for three hours or until the beef is tender.
- Turn the beef several times during cooking and add more water or soup stock if necessary.
- You can adjust the seasoning if needed and when the meat is done transfer to a platter.
- Strain the meat drippings and pour over the roast. Serve hot.