Nilasing na Chicken Salpicao with Tomato Salsa
Nilasing na chicken salpicao is an alternative to beef salpicao and healthier because the recipe use lean chicken breast. With the addition of rum and tomato salsa, it will make the dish more flavorful. Best served with garlic fried rice and use a sizzling plate for the chicken salpicao.
- 600 grams chicken breast fillet, cut into medium chunks
- 4 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 6 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 6 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. white rum or whiskey
- a pinch of paprika
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- dried chili flakes, optional
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium size red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. patis or fish sauce
- In a bowl, combine chicken with garlic, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, black pepper, white rum or whiskey, and paprika. Mix together. Let the chicken absorb the marinade before adding the olive oil. Marinate for at least 1 hour.
- On a non stick skillet, cook the chicken with the marinade for about 4 minutes. When the marinade is almost dry, turn off the heat and add the butter and chili flakes. Mix well until the chicken is coated with butter and chili flakes.
- To make the tomato salsa, mix together all the ingredients and serve with nilasing na chicken salpicao.