Ginataang Kuhol Recipe
3 kilos kuhol (snail)
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, chopped
5 cups coconut milk
1 cup onions, chopped
2 cups coconut cream
1 to 2 pcs finger pepper (Jalapena)
1/3 to 1/2 cup bagoong alamang
1 thumb-size fresh turmeric (luyang di law), chopped
2 cloves garlic, cnopped
1 to 5 pcs hot chilis for spicy hot escargot
How to cook Escargot
- Wash and scrub river snails thoroughly.
- Saute garlic until golden brown then add ginger, turmeric, onions and cook until mushy.
- Add in bagoong and cook. Wait until all are well-blended.
- Add kuhol and coconut milk. Cover pan tightly and cook over low heat.
- When kuhol is tender, pour coconut cream and continue cooking.
- Drop in finger pepper. If you prefer hot, add in chilis.
- Wait for the sauce to thicken and oil comes to the surface.
- Add water in case the mixture dries out.
- Continue cooking until kuhol is tender. Serve hot.