Stewed mudfish with bamboo shoots, grated young corn, patola and spices.
2 tbsps. cooking oil
1 tsp. garlic, crushed
2 tbsps. onion, sliced
2 cup young corn, grated
8 cup water
5 tbsps. salt
6 slices dalag (mudfish), cleaned and cut to serving pieces
2 & 1/3 cup bamboo shoots, sliced
2 cup saluyot leaves
1 cup patola, sliced
How to cook Dalag with Bamboo Shoots and Young Corn
- Saute garlic, onion, and corn Add water and season with salt.
- Allow to boll until corn is tender.
- Drop the pieces of dalag together with the bamboo shoots.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the saluyot leaves. Cook 3 minutes
- Add the patola and cook 4 minutes longer.
- Serve hot. Good for 6 persons.