Chicken binakol is a popular Iloilo stewed chicken dish with coconut meat and water. This is very similar to the tagalog version of chicken tinola which uses green papaya and chili leaves.
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ thumb size ginger, crushed
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 stalk tangled, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 chicken, cut in serving pieces
- Patis (fermented fish sauce)
- 6 cups rice washing
- 2 cups grated buko
- 2 cups buko water
- dahon ng sili (sili leaves)
- 1 tablespoon spring onion, chopped
- Sauté garlic and ginger in hot oil until brown. Add onion and tanglad. Add chicken, patis and pepper.
- Saute for a while, pour rice washing, cover and simmer till chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and debone. Return chicken to the stock.
- Add buko, buko water and dahon ng sili. Simmer a few minutes more.
- Sprinkle with the spring onion before serving. 6 portions.