Beef stroganoff is a popular dish and it is also a Russian dish that consist of sauteed tender strips of beef and sliced mushrooms stewed in sour cream sauce. It is usually mixed with pasta like a carbonara but it can also be served as viand with cooked rice.
- ½ kilo round steak (beef)
- ¼ cup lard
- ½ kilo onions
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- ¼ cups tomato paste
- ¼ kilo button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- pinch of pepper
- Put onions in a food processor, using course blade.
- Drain and collect and reserve juice. There should be 3 cups of onion.
- Fry slowly for 20 minutes. Then cut round steak into very thin slices.
- Add in the beef and sliced mushroom and stir cook until brown.
- Combine tomato soup, tomato paste, onion juice, sour cream, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour the mixture on the beef, then cover and simmer for at least 1 hour. Serve hot.