This version of pork adobo is with a twist because it contains coca-cola. Which is, I think the most popular softdrink here in our country. And combining both a popular Filipino dish with a popular softdrink is I think will produce a dish that will also be listed as one of the favorite Pinoy dish. Actually whenever my wife cooks and serve adobo, there should always be a coke on the dining table. I don’t know why the adobo tasted so good whenever there is coke around. So why not combine the two? Aside from enhancing the flavor, coke also acts as a tenderizer so you don’t need to cook the meat for a long time. Both the meat and the fat will definitely taste better when cooked with coca-cola.
How to Cook Pork Adobo with Coca-Cola
- 1 kilo pork belly or pork ribs cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup coke softdrinks
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 3 pieces laurel leaves
- 1/2 Tbsp. black peppercorns cracked
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
How to cook Pork Adobo with Coca-Cola:
- In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Then add the pork and saute until slightly brown.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar, laurel leaves, peppercorns and coke then bring to a boil. Don't stir.
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 35 minutes or until the pork is tender. Season with salt if needed.
- Serve hot with cooked rice and enjoy!
Correction: In some of the comments below, star ratings were mistakenly included. These have now been removed for transparency. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
Hi thanks for this recipe. Can I use this recipe to cook chicken too? Thanks!
Hi Morris, Yes you can use chicken with coke. In fact I have a recipe here called coca-cola chicken.
Great to see Filipino recipes.
HI Anna, great to see your comment too!