Make your ordinary galunggong into a tasty tocino. How? just follow the recipe below and also you can watch the video just below the recipe. Making this fish tocino is very simple but the only hard part is preparing the fish. You need to butterfly it by cutting the back or dorsal side of the fish from head to tail and remove the entrails, gills and bones. But if happen to buy it in the wet market, you can just ask the fish vendor to do it for you. If he or she ask for an extra charge for doing this, then you shouldn’t mind because it will save you the time and a messy hands and kitchen that you have to clean up.
How to Make Galunggong Tocino
- 1 kilo kilo large fresh galunggong
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. red food coloring
- cooking oil for frying
How to Make Galunggong Tocino:
- Butterfly the galunggong by cutting the dorsal side of the fish from head to tail.
- Remove the entrails and gills of the fish. Then remove also the fish bones. Wash and drain and put in a colander to dry.
- In a large container that can fit all the fishes, combine the marinade ingredients: pineapple juice, sugar, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, salt and food coloring.
- Mix the marinade ingredients until the sugar is dissolved. Then put the galunggong one by one and rub the marinade on the fishes until well coated.
- Cover the container and let it cure overnight in the refrigerator.
- To cook the galunggong tocino, heat 1/2 cup of oil in the frying pan and fry the fish until cooked. Serve with fried egg and rice and some sliced tomatoes.
Leave a Reply