This chicken dish is one of the cheapest and tastiest dish you can ever make. Provided that you are fond of eating chicken feet. Some will think it is not hygienic to eat it because chickens specially those bred in cages stamp on their poops. But if will clean it well, your fear of eating chicken feet will be overcome when you try to taste it. Also, do you know that chicken feet are rich in collagen that will make your skin look younger? it is also a good to those suffering in painful arthritis because it will help replenish the collagen in the joints. And about our recipe here, it is an Asian dish and obviously because of the ingredient tausi or Chinese fermented black beans and oyster sauce. So what are you waiting for? try it and I’m sure you will love it.
How to Cook Chicken Feet in Tausi Sauce
- 1 1/2 kilo chicken feet
- 2 Tbsp. Chinese salted black beans Tausi
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 thumb sized ginger sliced into small strips
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 cup spring onion sliced thinly optional
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1 pc birds eye chilli chopped
- 2 cups cooking oil for deep frying
How to cook Chicken Feet in Tausi Sauce:
- Clean the chicken feet by chopping off the nails. You can also ask the vendor to remove it for you if they are so kind to assist you.
- Most of the time, the chicken feet sold in the wet market are already skinned. But just in case they are not, you will have to blanch it in boiling water. Then remove the skin. Rinse again in running water and drain.
- Heat oil in a deep pot with two cups of cooking oil. Fry the chicken feet for 5 minutes then drain and set aside
- Using a pressure cooker, remove the lid and heat the pressure cooker pot with a tablespoon of oil. Then saute ginger and garlic until slightly brown. Add in the chicken feet, water, oyster sauce and tausi and stir.
- Then cover the pressure cooker and bring to a boil until the pressure cooker starts to whistle. Then simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let it cool for several minutes then remove the lid. Turn on the heat again and add brown sugar, cornstarch slurry (cornstarch mixed with water) and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Turn off heat and serve. Garnish with spring onions and chopped birds eye chilies.