1/2 cup sliced cleaned & cooked small pork intestines (2 inch lengths)
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
6 slices lean pork
1/2 cup sliced pork liver
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tablespoons patis
1/2 cup meat broth
How to cook pinatisan:
- Turn small intestines inside out and rub with salt. Rinse well with water.
- Boil 2 cups water and add small intestines.
- Cook over low heat for one hour until tender.
- Heat cooking oil and brown garlic. Mix in small intestines, pork and liver.
- Add vinegar, patis and 1/2 cup meat broth. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Serve hot. Makes six servings.