1 large mudfish (dalag), sliced
1/4 kilo cabbage, cut into big pieces
1/4 kilo petsay, cut into halves
1 tbsp. whole peppercorns
1 tbsp. ginger strips
4 cups rice water ( water from rice washing )
1 tbsp monosodium glutamate ( vetsin )
1 medium sized native onion, quartered ( red onion )
salt to taste
How to cook Pesang Dalag
- Boil rice water. add ginger, peppercorn, onion and season with salt and vetsin.
- After 3 minutes, add fish. cover. Cook for another 3 minutes because fish cooks faster than meat so less time is needed.
- Then add the cabbage and petsay. Continue cooking until vegetables are half cooked.
- Then serve with miso sauce.
How to make miso sauce:
1/2 cup soybean paste (miso)
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 tomatoes, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp. fish sauce or patis
1/2 cup water cooking oil for sauteing
- Saute garlic in oil until brown. Add onion and tomatoes. Saute for 3 minutes, then add miso. Season with patis and vetsin. After another 3 minutes, add water. Cook until sauce thickens.