Ginataang Kasili sa Dilaw (Eels in Coconut Milk and Turmeric)
This is a recipe of fresh water eels cooked in coconut milk with turmeric and chili. Most of the time, the four basic ingredients in cooking fish in coconut milk are ginger, onion, garlic and chili peppers. Fresh water eels meat are similar in texture to catfish and almost the same fishy odor. So if you like to eat catfish, then I think this recipe is a good choice.
To cook ginataang kasili sa dilaw; Slice fresh water eel. Saute in garlic and onion. Boil in coconut milk. Add chili, lemongrass and yellow ginger. Simmer until cooked. Season with salt and pepper. To see complete recipe with lists of ingredients in exact measurements, continue reading.
- 2 kasili (fresh water eel)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 10 grams yellow ginger (turmeric)
- garlic, crushed
- 1 finger chili
- salt and pepper to taste
- coconut milk extracted from 1 whole shredded coconut
- lemongrass (tanglad)
- Slice fresh water eel. Saute in garlic and onion.
- Boil in coconut milk. Add chili, lemongrass and yellow ginger. Simmer until cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.