Kimchi Pork Stew
Kimchi pork stew is a pork stew dish with Korean kimchi which you can buy in supermarkets already bottled. Although this looks like a hard to cook dish, it’s so simple all you have to do is to saute some ingredients and then simmer the rest of the ingredients.
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 medium white onion, sliced
1/4 cup bottled Korean kimchi
200 grams pork tenderloin, sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces
4 cups water
2 Tbsp. Chinese cooking wine
4 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
6 pieces silken tofu, sliced 1/2-inch thick
1 bird’s eye chili, sliced
1/2 cup onion leeks, white part only, sliced
2 sprigs coriander, washed and picked
How to cook Kimchi Pork Stew:
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium saucepan. Add onion and kimchi and stir fry.
- Add sliced pork tenderloin, water, cooking wine and Shiitake mushrooms.
- Simmer mixture over medium heat until pork is cooked.
- Place stew in a bowl and top with tofu, chili (optional), leeks and coriander.
- Serve hot with brown rice.