Chicken Asparagus Soup
This recipe, the chicken asparagus soup is a quick cooking soup that can be serve with crackers or toasted bread or as a side dish. Ingredients are also easy to find and simple, then main ingredients are chicken and asparagus. Canned asparagus can be found usually in supermarket shelves and most of them are made in China. Compared to fresh asparagus, which is only seasonal, canned asparagus is more convenient and cheaper.
- 2 cups chicken meat, diced and cooked
- 6 cups chicken soup stock
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch, dissolved in ¼ cup water
- 1 can (12 oz.) Asparagus tips and stems
- 1 egg white, beaten until stiff
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- dash of pepper
- MSG or Magic Sarap (ganulated seasoning)
- In a deep saucepan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and chicken for a few minutes.
- Add in the soup stock and liquid from the canned asparagus.
- Bring to a boil and season with salt, MSG and pepper.
- Add in the dissolved cornstarch and simmer for a few minutes.
- Then put the asparagus tips and stems, then add the beaten egg white.
- Remove from heat and garnish with green onion. Serve hot.