Eggplant is good for the body because it is a vegetable obviously. But there are people who hates vegetable and specially kids that are not raised on eating a proper diet. Although the eggplants in this recipe are much more than the beef, I think people who does not like to eat vegetables will love this dish because the eggplants are fried.
1/4 kilo sirloin beef, sliced thin and cut into strips
5 large eggplants
1 small head garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
6 medium tomatoes, chopped
2 cups beef broth or 2 cups water and 1 beef cube or boullion
Salt to taste
freshly ground pepper
How to cook beef with eggplant recipe:
- Sliced eggplants lengthwise and again crosswise about 1 & 1/2 inches long.
- Put in a bowl, and sprinkle with rock salt.
- Let stand for a few minutes and drain. Fry eggplants in hot oil till browned, do not overcook. Set aside.
- In a casserole, saute garlic, onion and tomatoes. Add the beef and the broth, simmer till beef is tender.
- Add the fried eggplants and season with salt and pepper.