Barbecued Beef Briskets
This barbecued beef brisket recipe is a delicious barbecue dish and it is cooked by roasting the beef in an oven, not charcoal broiled.
1 cup ketchup
1 cup water
1 Tbsp. minced onion
2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. bottled white horseradish
1 Tbsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 kilos boneless beef brisket straight cut
How to cook Barbecued Beef Briskets:
- In a small bowl mix together ketchup, water, onion, vinegar, horseradish, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Place the beef fat side up in a casserole and pour in ketchup mixture over the beef.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Bake in a pre-heated 300 °F oven for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until the meat is tender.
- To test the tenderness, insert a 2 tine fork into the center of the beef. The fork should turn easily.
- Remove beef to serving platter. Tilt the casserole and skim fat from sauce.
- Slice the beef against the grain and serve with the sauce.