This is a recipe of fresh water eels cooked in coconut milk with turmeric and chili. Most of the time, the four basic ingredients in cooking fish in coconut milk are ginger, onion, garlic and chili peppers. Fresh water eels meat are similar in texture to catfish and almost the same fishy odor. So if you like to eat catfish, then I think this recipe is a good choice.
To cook ginataang kasili sa dilaw; Slice fresh water eel. Saute in garlic and onion. Boil in coconut milk. Add chili, lemongrass and yellow ginger. Simmer until cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
How to Cook Ginataang Kasili sa Dilaw (Eels in Coconut Milk and Turmeric)
- 2 kasili fresh water eel
- 1 onion sliced
- 10 grams yellow ginger turmeric
- garlic crushed
- 1 finger chili
- salt and pepper to taste
- coconut milk extracted from 1 whole shredded coconut
- lemongrass tanglad
How to cook Ginataang Kasili sa Dilaw:
- Slice fresh water eel. Saute in garlic and onion.
- Boil in coconut milk. Add chili, lemongrass and yellow ginger. Simmer until cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.