This bangus recipe is one of the various ways you can do with a milkfish. The bangus is wrapped in mustard leaves then stuffed with bagoong mixture and then cooked in coconut milk. If you are fond of eating dishes with coconut milk and if milkfish is one of your favorite fish, then I think this recipe is a perfect match for you.
How to Cook Creamy Bangus in a Blanket
- 1 medium sized bangus
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic minced
- 2 tsp. ginger minced
- 2 medium sized tomatoes chopped
- 1 Tbsp. bagoong alamang
- 1 bunch mustard leaves
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cup thin coconut milk
- 2 pieces siling haba green chili peppers
- salt to taste
How to cook Creamy Bangus in a Blanket
- Clean and cut bangus into serving pieces. Sprinkle with salt.
- Mix bagoong, onion, ginger, tomatoes, and garlic.
- Spread a teaspoonful of bagoong mixture on each bangus piece.
- Wrap each piece securely in mustard leaf. You can use a toothpick or string.
- Arrange wrapped bangus in a pan. In another pan, boil remaining bagoong mixture and thin coconut milk. Stirring vigorously to avoid curdling.
- Pour into arranged bangus pieces; then add siling pansigang and thick coconut milk.
- Simmer for ten minutes and continue stirring sides gently until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve hot or cold as desired. Good for 4 Persons.